Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Potty Training and Nursery Rhymes

This week we've been wearing "big girl panties" and so we've been staying close to home! Its been going great so far... just one accident (and as all you Elmo's Potty Time viewers know "Accidents Happen, that's what they say, accidents happen and that's ok") Sara loves her big girl panties and has also told me that "babies cry, not the big girl." That really hasn't stopped her from crying though. She can throw a fit with the best of them. But, when she does she says "I go cry in the other room." So at least she is crying in another room.

On Monday, I had my volunteer shift at Kidspace. Afterwards, Sara wanted me to watch her "build a house" (or as I like to call it "drag these blocks around and roll all over them so that the germs are completely covering me")
From Jan 2009


From Jan 2009


On Tuesday, we hung around the house all day. Sara stayed with a babysitter while Mike and I took a tour of the hospital and met all the doctors that are on call with mine. It was nice (once we figured out where we were supposed to go!) Why do they make hospitals so confusing? Sara loved having a babysitter and it was nice she didn't have to put Sara to bed or anything! Later that night, she colored on her big pad of paper! Thanks Parrain!

From Jan 2009


From Jan 2009



She is starting to tell us her drawings are things (like Caillou or Dora) But they really just look like scribbles. For example, this is Mickey Mouse (but I didn't need to tell you that, right?):

From Jan 2009


I guess that's how they learn!

On Wednesday, it snowed all morning and then rained all afternoon. (I am SO over winter, but unfortunately, I don't think that means winter is over. Too bad.) Since my level of self confidence is greatly diminished when it comes to driving in said conditions, Sara and I didn't leave the house until Daddy came home and took us to get Dora panties (I promised Sara them when she wore her big girl panties all day!)

Here she is sneaking a cookie and going in circles (maybe to burn off the cookie's calories?)



From Jan 2009



Later on, Sara put her babies to bed in our bed and wanted to read to them. Since she reads Richard Scarry's Best Mother Goose Ever and Goodnight Moon every night, that is what she read. She has memorized a lot of these and so she can "read" them.



From Jan 2009

If you want to see more of Sara reading (I know not everyone does!) click here and here. Hope your week is going well!!! We love you!

2 comments:

Kasie said...

I love Sara's videos but... Is it just me or does the sound not work?

Kristen said...

The You Tube ones are weird... you have to make sure the volume is up on the little video thing. I don't really like You Tube, but our little video camera will upload straight to there, so it make it less time consuming for me :) Sorry for the frustration