Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 9-11: Destin!

This weekend the kids and I braved the cold and drove to Destin to visit Aunt Martha and Uncle Farrell. We had a great visit! It sure was nice to have a change of scenery. The kids did great in the car- I was really surprised.
Mick helping me drive (we were stopped):

It was so cold that there was steam rising off the water. It was COLD!

Aunt Martha made the kids pancakes- YUM!

On Sunday, Sara and I wandered down to the beach. It was cold! It was in the 30's and the wind was blowing. I didn't think to bring any of the hats or gloves we have from last year, but Sara and I had fun for a few minutes :) Sara picked up a few sea shells while she checked out the beach. She wasn't afraid this time. She vividly remembers going to the beach for the kite festival in Hull, MA and how afraid she was. She was telling me all about it and how now she isn't afraid!

And she really wanted to build a sand castle. I tried to build her one, but she kept knocking it down. I thought she would be upset that it didn't look like a real princess castle, but she didn't seem to mind as long as she could knock it down!

This is when Sara started to cry because she was so cold!

The balcony was nice and warm! Don't you wish my kids would look at the camera?

I think I'm in trouble... Sara loved this chair and refused to get out of it!

Here is Mick causing me to have a heart attack. Do any of you remember that trip to St. George when Sara was a baby and how nervous I was when she would pull up on the balcony bars? This was more nerve wrecking- I guess I am getting old!


Here are a couple of videos of Mick taking steps. He is SO big! The record is 6 consecutive steps.




Aunt Martha got the kids some toys (because they didn't have any...)


Sara has been wanting the Sleeping Beauty Barbie Doll (now she has all the princesses)

I had to take a picture of this house because Sara pointed it out to me several times and said that it was just like her playhouse. She's right!


Thanks Aunt Martha and Uncle Farrell for a great visit! :)

1 comment:

Donna Pasquier said...

You are such a good mama!! Miss ya'll.