Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Zoo

On Sunday, we went to the Franklin Park Zoo.  It was fun! The weather was a little warmer and the sun was out so we had a great time :) 

From April 2009

This is a "folly" which the family who owned the land in the 1800s built.  We learned that a folly is something built to enhance the landscape.  So there you go.
From April 2009

Mick was so excited about our trip that he wore his lion outfit with his lion sweater!  And yep, I cut off all my hair.  Not sure how I feel about it, but at least I can't pull it into a pony tail every day of my life :) 

From April 2009

Sara requested animal crackers while we were at the zoo- kind of weird, but I guess she was in the mood! 
From April 2009
We were trying to find an animal that Mick was as tall as- maybe that hornbill bird? 

From April 2009

Here is Sara and I looking for a gorilla
From April 2009

We found one!
From April 2009
Remember- Mike took this video!



They had a lot of animals carved out of wood that Sara enjoyed climbing all over.
From April 2009
And they even had a carousel!  It was so much fun!
From April 2009




I love this picture!!! 

From April 2009

When we told Sara that we were going to the zoo, she immediately said she wanted to see the chickens.  (I guess she knew that the zoo had animals and a chicken is an animal so it should be at the zoo, right?) Luckily, they did have a little chicken coop.  When she saw them, she really wasn't that impressed.  I think she thought that they would be like the chicken that hatched from her egg, but they weren't.  She also wanted to see rabbits, but they didn't have any of those.
From April 2009

Sara LOVED this little board with the different animals you could "be." She kept running around it to see what animal she would be next! She is so funny! 
From April 2009


From April 2009

No comments: