Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 20-24: Blue Ridge, GA Part 1

On Thursday we headed to Blue Ridge, GA to meet our good friends the Pages :) We drove to Auburn and spent the night. Since we were so close to Blue Ridge we got to hang out a while in the morning before we had to leave. The kids enjoyed collecting pine cones



From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


After we left the hotel, we headed to beautiful Blue Ridge. Mike found this in the downtown and had to take the picture!
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


We got to our "cabin" (its not really a cabin- its super nice and large!) and met up with our friends- we were so excited to spend time with our good friends! Sara and Julie were so excited to be together and Andy and Mick played pretty well together. By next time, they will be best buds :)
Dinner time!
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


ipad morning:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


Peter loved the train:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


Lots of kids!
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


The view from our porch- isn't it amazing?
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


We were very close to the North Carolina border- I think those mountains were in NC!

Going for a walk:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


Above the clouds:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


Not bad:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


After our walk we headed to Mercier Orchards to pick some apples! The kids hugged while we were waiting for the tractor ride to the orchard:

From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


The view on our tractor ride to the orchard. Seriously, could it be any prettier?
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


Peter wanted to pick apples!
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


Everyone was too busy eating to look:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


On the tractor ride:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


I'm not sure I've ever had apples that were this good. I remember from apple picking in Massachusetts- the apples were amazing and these ones did not disappoint!
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


My boys wouldn't stop eating!
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


Peter at lunch after apple picking:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


From Blue Ridge Oct 2011


Then we headed to the playground to get all their excess energy out:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011

The see-saws were a huge hit- I don't think my kids have ever seen one!
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011

Fun on the tire swing!!
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011

Running the bases:
From Blue Ridge Oct 2011

We had a great day in the mountains and we all needed some rest. I'll continue my post later :)

2 comments:

Connie said...

How Beautiful!!! I know yall had a wonderful time!!

Aunt Connie

KLeBlanc said...

I am SUPER jealous that you guys got to go apple picking! I agree--fresh picked apples are THE BEST! Definitely one of the big things I will miss about STL (and the fall weather). Love you guys!