It was quite chilly so we dressed warm! Here is Sara:
And here is some crazy Yankees apparently not deterred by the cold weather:
We walked around Walden Pond, so as you can imagine, we had a time entertaining Sara:
This is the site of Henry David Thoreau's cabin:
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
And here is some crazy Yankees apparently not deterred by the cold weather:
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
We walked around Walden Pond, so as you can imagine, we had a time entertaining Sara:
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
This is the site of Henry David Thoreau's cabin:
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
Afterwards we went to Concord, MA for lunch and we stopped by Sleepy Hollow Cemetery to see Author's Ridge
Here is Henry David Thoreau's grave (no we didn't bring the apple, but we almost ate it!):
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
and Nathaniel Hawthorne's:
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
And Louisa May Alcott's:
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
And Ralph Waldo Emerson:
![]() |
| From Walden Pond 10/5/08 |
















2 comments:
I (Emily) am so incredibly jealous! I want to go to Walden so I might "live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
that is so neat! i remembr reading that poem last year!!
love yall!
Post a Comment