Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New England!


If you were wondering what a school bus in the Boston suburbs looks like, there you go! Most kids walk to and from school, so they don't have a huge need for buses.  

I thought I would take this chance to comment on how nice people here are.  We all know that "Yankees" as we call them in the South are supposed to be rude, stuck up people.  However, time after time here the people here have proved that stereotype wrong.  Whether its the guy who volunteered to carry Sara's stroller up a flight of stairs at a subway transfer (that didn't have an elevator) when I was by myself or the woman who helped me when I went in the exit at Target (don't ask!) people here are extremely friendly.  When I am driving and suddenly realize that I need to be in a different lane, people let me over almost immediately... come on, does that EVER happen in Louisiana?  Or when Sara and I are walking and 4 lanes of traffic stop without a signal to let us cross.  I know pedestrians are supposed to have the right of way, but WOW! I find myself wondering if I am a kind enough driver! We've been pleasantly surprised by the kindness of strangers over and over and just wanted to do our part to end the stereotype of stuck-up New Englanders! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! But...make sure you don't start to like it to much cause we MISS YOU GUYS ALOT!!! But I'm glad that yall are having a good time and that everyone is helpful

Jennifer said...

What a cool school bus. Well I am glad there are friendly people up there. But they still talk funny! haha